Xeomin is a prescription medicine that can be injected into glands that make saliva, and it is useful in treating long-lasting drooling in adults. It is effective at reducing wrinkles in areas such as the eyebrows, the forehead, and around the eyes.
Xeomin contains only a single ingredient rather than a formulation (the single ingredient is botulinum toxin A), including various protective proteins that are clustered around the active molecule. Further, Xeomin has been found to work faster and last longer than other similar injections such as Botox.
DYSPORT functions as BOTOX does; however, it uses slightly different molecules to block transmission at the neuromuscular junction. DYSPORT temporarily prevents contraction of the muscles responsible for frown lines and crow’s feet by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscle. Untreated muscles continue to function normally, allowing you to express yourself naturally and confidently.
What are the DYSPORT treatment areas?
DYSPORT treats major dynamic lines such as the brow, frown line, and Crow’s feet. DYSPORT also treats other facial areas such as the masseter and chin muscles. DYSPORT can also reduce excessive underarms, hands, and feet sweating.
The longevity is determined by the number of DYSPORT units used to treat facial lines and wrinkles.
Botox is an injection given using a thin needle to inject a tiny amount of botulinum toxin into the skin or muscles. It can block some chemical signals from nerves (mainly the signals that cause the muscles to contract). Commonly, these injections are used temporarily to relax the facial muscles that can cause wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes.
What are the non-FDA-approved BOTOX Cosmetics?
BOTOX Cosmetics can be used for other facial areas such as the chin, masseter muscle and jawline, neck bands, hands, feet, and underarms.
It typically lasts 3 to 4 months
How Do Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport Work?
Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are all neuromodulators derived from the botulinum toxin. These treatments work by temporarily blocking the nerve signals that cause muscle contractions, leading to a reduction in muscle activity and the smoothing of wrinkles. By targeting specific areas, these injectables can soften the appearance of crow's feet, forehead lines, frown lines, and other facial wrinkles.
Similarities between Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport
- Effectiveness: All three treatments are highly effective at reducing the appearance of wrinkles and lines, providing patients with a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
- Duration: The results of Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are temporary and typically last around three to four months. After this period, additional treatments may be required to maintain the desired results.
- Safety: When administered by a qualified professional, Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are considered safe treatments. However, it is essential to consult with a trained medical practitioner to minimize any potential risks.
Differences between Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport
- Formulation: Botox and Dysport contain additional proteins, while Xeomin is a purified form of the botulinum toxin without any accessory proteins. This distinction can lead to subtle differences in efficacy and potential allergic reactions.
- Onset of Action: Dysport is known to have a faster onset of action compared to Botox and Xeomin. Patients may notice the effects of Dysport within two to five days, while Botox and Xeomin may take around four to seven days for results to become noticeable.
- Dosage Conversion: The dosage required for each treatment varies. It is important to consult with a skilled healthcare provider who has experience with these injectables to determine the appropriate dosage for your specific needs.
- Diffusion Range: Dysport tends to have a wider diffusion range compared to Botox and Xeomin. This means that Dysport may be better suited for treating larger areas, while Botox and Xeomin might be preferred for more targeted treatments.
Choose the Right Option for You
When deciding between Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport, it's crucial to consult with a qualified medical professional who can assess your unique situation and recommend the most suitable treatment. They will consider factors such as your desired outcomes, medical history, and specific areas of concern to help you make an informed decision.
Remember, each individual's response to these treatments may vary, so it's essential to manage your expectations and have a realistic understanding of the potential outcomes. By working closely with a trusted professional, you can enhance your natural beauty and achieve the youthful appearance you desire.
Don't wait any longer to take the next step towards a more rejuvenated you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discover which treatment—Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport—is the perfect choice for you. Let us help you embrace your best self!
Who are these treatments for?
The FDA approves BOTOX, Xeomin, and Dysport for use in adults 18 years and older. Physicians and patients have trusted BOTOX Cosmetic treatments for many years because of their effectiveness in treating lines, wrinkles, and many other medical conditions. Neuromodulators are typically very well-tolerated by most patients.
Who should not use these treatments
These injections may not be right for you if you: Have certain medical conditions such as heart disease or bleeding, or neurological disorder, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have a known allergy to botulinum toxin.
Preparing For Your Treatment
Avoid alcohol, aspirin, certain supplements and other substances that have a blood-thinning effect for at least 48 hours before your appointment. If you are on a prescription blood-thinner, check with your doctor before having Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin treatments
During your initial consultation, we’ll discuss your aesthetic goals and what you can expect from your treatment.
Our staff my determine that some of your lines won't respond to the injections and may recommend the use of dermal fillers or other methods to eliminate them
How Can We Help You?